Are you safe on shared WiFi internet connection? Know how you can be!
So you use a WiFi connection to connect your Computer, Tablet or Smartphones to the internet? While using WiFi connectivty for Internet, we need to take extra smart care and security.
In this article, we just thought of sharing some basic but very useful and strong tips to secure our WiFi connection from strangers and outsiders.
* Basically, the WiFi routers do not come with WPA or WEP encryption enabled. If you have not enabled this encryption, this is the time.
* Change the Default Administrator password and username to the one of your choice. Many of the WiFi password hacking apps come with a library default passwords of most routers, which can make it even easier for the outsider to break your security.
* Make your password H@rD2cR@©kk (Hard to Crack). Always use a password that is hard to be guessed and make it alphanumeric. Many WiFi hacking apps are capable of knowing your password when it is written in just simple abc form, while an alphanumeric password may take longer to be known and is nearly impossible to be known. So mind it.
* You can ensure your safety by keep changing your SSID within a few days or month. It may not help you completely but can at least get you away from an outsider who is targeting your WiFi but doesn't know your MAC address.
* Connections to unknown devices can be prevented with the use of MAC filtering feature.
* You can even use Firewall on your routers and all other devices.
* Always turn off your routers when you do not need it.